So far out of the Winter Meetings:
- The Veterans Committee failed to vote in any post-War players like Dick Allen or Ron Santo. Boo on you, Veterans Committee.
- CC Sabathia isn’t signing before the meetings are over and if the Giants offer him anything that doesn’t suck, he’s going there so yeah he’s going there to lose games 1-0.
- The Yankees are going to offer a two year deal to Ben Sheets he probably won’t take, which is too bad because that’s pretty reasonable.
- There have been a lot of ridiculous what the fuck rumors like Jeff Franceour straight-up for Zack Greinke that are shot down twenty minutes later. I am thinking of starting one of these myself, it sounds like fun.
- Jake Peavy’s about to be traded…wait no he’s not…okay yes he is…no he’s not again.
- The Mets signed Francisco Rodriguez for three years with a vesting option for a fourth and the vesting option isn’t anything but a “stay healthy” clause (and he probably will unless he breaks his leg throwing himself off the mound during his follow through).
- The Red Sox talked to Andy Pettitte’s agent for thirty seconds so they’re obviously interested in him. Oh wait things don’t work that way and lefties get destroyed in Fenway most of the time so why was this reported anywhere as news?
Thrilling. At least I can hope for K-Rod failure to make the headlines in the Daily News and Post next year ineteresting.